Saturday 3 November 2012

Sorry Huggies- It's time to go!


This is completely off topic to my normal posts but I thought I would share. Nappies, the never ending debate between what brand is best, should we use disposable or reusable. I was a BIG  Huggies advocate from before The Bubble was even born. I swore by them, believed they were the best quality and would never use any other nappies for my kids but of late they were not so reliable. So I was paying $30 just for The Bubbles nappies every week and they started to leak, I had to change her 2 times a night even after I cut down her water intake after dinner time. This then means more washing of sheets, daily washing of PJ's or buying more because that's how much I hate washing everyday.



I then started asking the Mum's at mothers group what nappies they used. The answered varied but the most popular were Baby Love and Aldi. I had tried Baby Love in the past and HATED them so that was not an option so I considered trying Aldi. I was then reading the Mother and Baby magazine and it had their 2012 awards and I discovered that Dymples Nappies- Big W Brand- had come in second to Huggies. So the next day I went to Big W and for an 84 box of Crawler nappies it was $16! So the same amount of nappies for half the price- How would they weigh up to Huggies though? 



BB2 had been wearing the Dymples nappies for 3 days now and they have had no leakages or explosions out of the side. I haven't bought them for The Bubble yet though because she is toilet training and is using her remaining Huggies nappies at night but I will be moving her also to Dymples for sleep time when she runs out.


My only critisim about the Dymples nappies is that they do not hold the smell of pee as well as the Huggies but that's a small sacrifice to make when the savings are huge! So Mums out there if you need to save on the money you spend on nappies think outside of the Huggies box because expensive doesn't always mean better and this is coming from someone that 6 months a go said to someone 'Sorry not to be rude but I only buy Huggies nappies, they are the best by far'. 

So why not give a cheaper nappy a go, especially if you have 2 bubbas! 
Andrea x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks A - I think I will go out and buy me some cheaper nappies. I used to only use Huggies but I've since used Aldi and find them perfectly fine; it's just I never get to Aldi and find I run out so I get huggies when grocery shopping. Hmmm bulk buy :). Great blog by the way; looking forward to sharing my weight loss journey with you too - Mel from A Little Bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, yeah I have been using them a week now and they have been great! I am still using Huggies on my older one until she runs out overnight and I am waking up to a bed and floor full of pee and a very upset toddler :(

      Delete