Monday 29 October 2012

Time to reshape my journey


I am writing this post to explain a few things and tell you why I will not be doing full reports on my weekly progress and programs for a few weeks. I am EXHAUSTED!! I have gotten to the point where I am tired of thinking about weight loss, thinking about every calorie and meal I eat and tired of pushing myself to the point where I am too tired to spend time with The Boss Man by the evening.

I am no where near giving up so don't think it is about that because I love the gym, love eating healthy- it's not a diet it's a lifestyle. I feel great and energised afterwards and it gives me some time on my own to release some frustration and push myself. I will just be making some changes for a few weeks until I can find a happy medium between me enjoying eating well and exercising without being OBSESSED about it. A few changes I will be making are:

  1. Stop wearing my heart rate monitor to count the calories I burnt 
  2. Limit my time at the gym to 3 times a week- the other times can be spent at the park or pool with my girls. 
  3. Stop using an app that counts calories and just eat healthy without worrying if I will go over my 'needed' calories for the day. 
  4. Focus on getting fitter, shaping, toning and fun challenges ahead.
  5. I will not be taking photos of myself in my underwear to see changes 
  6. No more measuring or weigh ins for 2 weeks!
  7. Be fit and healthy because it feels good- not to lose weight! I am back to my weight of 65 now so anything that comes off now is a bonus! 
  8. Stop focusing on every little stretch mark, flabby part on my body and realise that when the Boss Man is saying he thinks I look sexy, take the compliment!
  9. Be proud of how far I have come, I lost all the weight I wanted to to feel myself again, enjoy it!
  10. This is the most important one- keep inspiring other women. Just because I have needed to take a step back and not take all this so seriously doesn't mean this journey hasn't been an amazing one and that I don't want to help other women to achieve the same goals.
Before my weight loss journey started


9 weeks later and nearly 8kgs lighter


I will still be posting, trying new recipes and exercise programs but I am turning this journey into one that will make me fitter, leaner and not so hung up on my imperfections- we are all beautiful and I need to start telling myself that.

Andrea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment