Sunday 28 October 2012

Can I sleep now...



Loss Results as of October 21st 

Weight: 66.1 (-6.5kg)

Waist: 83 (-11cm)

Hips: 91 (6cm)

Thighs: 48 (-3.5)


October 21st



  • Monday: Normally my day off but since I didn't get to workout Friday The Boss Man watched BB2 while The Bubble was at kindy, even though he was crippled (bless him). I couldn't do a class as I went in the middle of the day but I did my own cardio workout that consisted of:
  1. 5 minute warm up on treadmill- brisk walking on incline
  2. 20 minutes interval training. 2 minutes at a running pace and 90 seconds brisk walking. 
  3. 10km on the cycle bike that included up hill and down hill training. 
  4. 5x 30 second blocks of skipping
This workout only took just under an hour and I burnt 647kcal. 

  • Tuesday: Well today I WAS having a great workout until The Bubble decided she was going to bite one of the other children in the gym creche- needless to say I was ropeable. I went through the biting stage less than a year a go and she seemed to have grown out of it- until the next week! Anyways.....I did back to back circuit classes. One is done in the group fitness room using free weights and cardio. In half an hour I could not believe I burnt nearly 400kcal, I will be doing this class every week for sure. Afterwards I did my usual machine circuit class, well I only got about 10 minutes into that due to the 'incident'. It was one of those moments where you feel like your child is one of the (hate this word but) naughtiest children around even though you know biting is not unusual at this age. But don't worry her behaviour was far from ignored!! So today was quite difficult for me but I soothed the sole with making some approved desserts and delicious dinner!
  • Wednesday- Today I planned on doing Boxing and then Foxy (circuit) but I didn't make the boxing because The Bubble slept in this morning because she was up half the night with nightmares, poor little girl! I was also up half the night because she doesn't just have nightmares but sleep walks. It is kind of funny- until it is my bed time! Today's circuit was super sets- this is tiring, even for a half an hour class. You partner off, one person is on a machine, the other is given an exercise using their own body weight. You then complete 4 rounds of each exercise (machine/body resistance)- each rep is 20 seconds on, 10 second rest, swap, repeat. You do not have to have a partner or do a class to try this yourself. Here is an example of a typical super set class.

Super Set Circuit. Each round- 20 seconds on, rest for 10 seconds, swap. 20 seconds on, rest for 10 seconds. Repeat another 3 times. 
  1. Chest press/ Squat Jumps
  2. Triceps dip/ lunges 
  3. Leg press/ Push Ups (knees or toes- 'girly' push ups achieve nothing!!)
  4. Shoulder press/ Sit ups on fit ball
  5. Leg extensions/ Bicep curls 
  6. Lat Press/ Sumo Squats 
Each round is focusing on both the upper and lower body. This increases the blood flow through the body and in turn helps the body burn fat and build muscle. After the class I ran for 2km and then did a cool down on the bike for 5 minutes. This workout was 50 minutes and I burnt a HUGE 822 kcal!!! I made sure I refuelled the body with some Chickpea Protein Cookies and a protein filled lunch off scrambled egg whites. 

  • Thursday: I am exhausted and getting a sore throat.. wahhhhhh!! Today was a cardio day, I had a lazy workout though because I was VERY exhausted from a long night again with The Bubble and her sleep walking nightmares and leaking nappies. I am so exhausted so this is all I have to report for today's effort.
          My new smoothie creation this week is: Mango Bliss! It is so refreshing and dairy free, perfect for 
          the warmer weather:
         
2 fresh mangoes
1 banana
2 tbs lime juice (i used bottled lime juice as limes in QLD are very expensive and small right now) 
2 tbs Vanilla Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix or protein powder
3 green tea ice cubes (could just use water ice cubes)
Blend and enjoy
Also could add a shot of vodka on a weekend and is a perfect cocktail (trialed and tested)
  • Friday: Boxing is normally my favourite workout of the week but today it was just not happening for me. My energy levels are extremely low and I just am not feeling myself. I still pushed myself as far as I could and burnt 564 kcal in 52 minutes but think this Mumma is definitely in need of some rest time over the next week so get back some motivation and energy. My cousin flies in late tonight so I need to enjoy my weekend with her before I admit defeat and give in to my body demanding some r'n'r. 
  • The Weekend: WET N WILD!!!!! Amazing day with my cousin Miss. Paige, Sam, The Boss Man and The Bubble. We enjoyed the whole day in the pools and relaxing all together- nearly everyone got extremely sunburn, myself only slightly because I was SUN SMART! I even braved wearing a bikini which was so hard for me because I have stretch marks and scars on my tummy- but the Boss Man convinced me to wear it by threatening flashing me to the entire water park, ummm ok!! The Bubble was so confident in the water and loved diving in and showing her swimming skills. I got quite a workout playing in the pool with her, my legs are hurting right now and as I am writing this it is 9:14 pm on a Saturday night and I am VERY ready for bed- but let me finish my cocktail and then a glass of much deserved wine first. 
My beautiful cousin Miss. Paige

The Bubble- my water baby


Max Brenner Chocolate Fondue- It has fruit so it has some good foods!! ha ha

Well my Sunday was a very naughty one food wise but thoroughly enjoyed spending another day with my favourite cousin and although I was ready to strangle him by the end I guess I kind of did enjoy spending time with her boyfriend Sam too (Shhhhh Paige don't tell him!!) We spend the day at Southbank wandering around the markets and along the river before enjoying a over indulgent and delicious Chocolate Fondue at Max Brenner... Oh it was SO SO good yet evil! I now just want to roll into bed after my amazing, indulgent, fun weekend and get some much needed rest but first I think another glass of wine will complete this weekend perfectly, if you going to treat yourself may as well go all the way right?!

The Beach at Southbank, Brisbane


Now, time for weigh in and measurements for this week! This weeks results are...

Weight: 65.5- lose of 600 grams

Waist: 83cm - No lose 

Hips: 90cm- lose of 1cm

Thighs: 48cm- no lose

So a good weight lose week but not much off the measurements but at least there was some sort of lose. I am expecting things to slow down now as I am only 500 grams away from my first target weight of 65 kgs and now it is all about the shaping and toning.. Also trying to firm all that stretchy skin. 





I hope everyone has a great week and thank you so much for all your love and support.
Enjoy your journey
Andrea x





No comments:

Post a Comment