Monday 22 October 2012

My Lazy Yet Hectic Week




Loss Results as of 14th October 

Weight: 66.6kg (-6kg)
Waist: 83 (-11cm)
Hips: 91.5 (-5.5)
Thighs: 48.3 (-3.2)

October 14th 
This week has been a bit of a lazy week for me gym wise but life and family wise things have been hectic. I have been doing  a lot of activities with my daughter Bubble and have had to look after The Boss Man who had an operation for carpel tunnel. I cannot blame these factors for my laziness but that horrible week us women all hate and dread- it gets me every time and turns me into a moody, cranky, lets do nothing mood! So this week if I seem short and sweet, sorry it's been one hell of a week. 

This week I have decided I am going to do the Warrior Dash which is an intense 5km obstacle course that will test my endurance and strength to the max but I am prepared for a challenge- I have so many I want to accomplish over the next year so need to start somewhere. It just means there will be LOTS of intensive training over the next 4 weeks but I will do this- hopefully!! I will be happy just to finish this first physical challenge. 



  • Monday: I don't usually work out on Monday's but with mothers group starting at 11 today I snuck in a pump class beforehand with the intent of trying to start the week on a positive. The new pump release still is a challenge but it feels so good to feel the legs burn. I can not recommend Body Pump enough. So many women think that lifting weights will make them bulky but it will help your strength and keep you lean and toned. Total calories burnt: 566kcal in 50 minutes

  • Tuesday- Circuit training, my usual Tuesday workout. This class was meant to be  a 30 minute class but turned into a 45 minute class so by the end of it my legs were thrashed- my legs are going to be great for Summer!! Burnt a total of 474kcal in 45 minutes. I felt horrible today and didn't do any cardio afterwards and my efforts for the day were minimal and I was a cranky pants so had Noodle Box for dinner- The Lime Teriyaki one is low fat and delicious.
  • Wednesday- Rest Day from the gym, I just needed to take some me time out so while the Bubble was at kindy, BB2 and I went to a cafe for breakfast enjoyed coffee then Sushi and relaxed for the day and then went to Bubbles Kindy's 1st Birthday- indulged in some cake and lamingtons but it hit the spot perfectly! 
Spending the afternoon at Bubbles Kindy 
Very happy with her face paint

  • Thursday- Woke up a very happy and proud lady this morning. My story so far was published on the Lose Baby Weight Website. To hear women make such amazing comments on the facebook link and on the website made me feel so happy with what I have achieved and has given me motivation all over again after what has basically been a crappy week. To celebrate I went for a nice 2.5 km run on the treadmill and 10km cycle after Bubbles ballet class. I also created a yummy smoothie and called it:
Nutty Banana Mocha 
Pop ingredients in a blender and whizz together


-2 tbs healthy mummy chocolate smoothie mix
- 5 raw almonds
-5 raw cashews 
- 1 banana 
- 200ml rice, almond or skim milk 
- 2 tbs of espresso coffee (could use instant if you didn't have a coffee machine) 
- 5 ice cubes 
It was the perfect lunch- give it a go and let me know what you think! 

  • Friday: Day off today from the gym because The Boss Man had surgery. I spent some time going through some photos and came across a photo from 12 weeks a go and wow I can see a difference. I look at the person in this photo and don't feel like it is me... now after all this hard work I finally feel like me again. My skin is better, I am not SO snappy and always have more energy. 
12 Weeks ago
I then found a photo I had taken just before I found out I was pregnant and it made me really see how fit I was and inspired me all over again to get back to that. I know that will take months of training to get to that point but we all need goals right?! Can't wait to get that butt back... squats and lunges, squats and lunges...
Start of October 2011

  • The Weekend: This weekend was all about family time. I enjoyed my Saturday at the Bethania Country Fair and The Bubble enjoyed some rides, dog shows and getting her face painted. Sunday was spend down at the grandparents at their Community Living in Hope Island which is beautiful. We enjoyed swimming in the pool all together, which is in fact a great way of working out, burning calories and staying cool in this hot Gold Coast weather. I then sat by the pool and read my book trying to get a tan- I refuse to be pasty this year, I am now a Queenslander, I should be tanned!! 
Sitting by the pool at Hope Island 


I tried some great new recipes this week and I highly recommend the Chicken Mediterranean Burgers. They are family friendly, easy to make and delicious!!  






Also if you are looking for a post-workout snack these Chocolate Chickpea Protein Cookies. Packed full of protein they are perfect to help provide the much needed protein the body required after exercise.



I bet you think it isn't possible to enjoy a delicious dessert without it being high in sugar or fat- well you MUST try this. It is SO yummo!! Chocolate and Berry Mousse is one of my favourite recipes that satisfies my sweet tooth.



Now time to weigh in and do measurements for this week.. I am not expecting much change but as long as it's not a negative I am happy.


My Weekly Results:
Weight: 66.1kg- lose of 500 grams 
Waist: 83- No Lose 
Hips: 91- lose of 0.5cm 
Thighs: 48- lose of 0.3cm 




Well considering it was a fairly lazy week for me, I am happy with the weekly results. I had a great week spending time with my girls and at the end of the day that is always my number one priority. 

This coming week will be the start of my intense training program so let's see how I am feeling this time next week. 

So stay cool, stay hydrated and enjoy the sun!
Love Andrea x

No comments:

Post a Comment