Monday 15 October 2012

My Biggest Weight Loss Week Yet


Total Loss Results as of 7th October 2012

Weight: 68.2 (-4.4kg)
Waist: 86 (-8cm)
Hips: 93 (-4cm)
Thighs: 48.5- (-3cm)


  • Monday- I know most people count Monday as the start of the week but today is a break day for me as I have mothers group in the morning and by the evenings I am in no mood or have the energy to exercise after baths, dinner, witching hour and 2 year old tantrums. I was a little naughty today and gave in to temptation with all the Chocoholics Anonymous in my cupboard I bought for the Boss Man and since he was working night shift and was beyond exhausted I reached for them- a BIG TISK TISK (shakes head at self) for me!! So my advice is don't keep these naughty foods in your pantry or fridge then you won't feel the need for them and if you really are badly craving chocolate try Dark Organic Chocolate, it takes awhile to get used of the taste if your prefer Milk but your taste buds will adapt and I honestly like it better than normal chocs now because it is like I can taste all the sugar in it and it's just too sweet. 





  • Tuesday- I am going to be one sore lady tomorrow. I have been doing circuit every Tuesday morning and it is the same instructor every week and the same one that does boxing so she has got to know my strength and ability. Well she totally pushed me to my limits this morning to do things I did not think I was ready to do. So as much as it hurt at the time, It also felt amazing but must say I HATE burpess- worst things ever! I forgot my heart rate monitor so am unsure today as to how many calories I burnt but it was far from a cruisey workout so that's good enough for me! I also spent the whole day cleaning my house more than usual because I thought I had an open inspection tomorrow, turns out it is Thursday. Glad I looked at the form again before doing the mopping at 8:30pm when all I want to do is watch Big Bang Theory and lay on the couch. 
  • Wednesday- SORE calves from only 2x30 second sets of calf raises, not what I expected. I missed out of my RPM class this morning due to BB2 deciding she was hungry just as we were about to walk out the door and then took forever to finish her bottle. I decided to try a cardio workout I had seen on a facebook page called Female Health Motivation- Eat Clean, Train Mean. Due to the extreme burpees I did the day before I substituted the burpees for squat jumps and repeated the workout 3 times followed by a 10km bike ride. The Boss Man was doing night shift this week so I just made a very simple Vegetable Fritata  from the Lose Baby Weight website for dinner- took minimal effort and was packed full of vegetables. I added even more than the suggested recipe because I had been very lazy with my vegetable intake this week. 
Great Wednesday Morning Workout!
  • Thursday- Didn't get to make the gym today but I spent the morning with my Bubble at her first ballet lesson. Because it was her fist I got to watch and get involved with the class. Crawling through tunnels and jumping through hoola hoops is fun and tiring. My Bubble thoroughly enjoyed the class but I am not sure if my child is destined to be a primer ballerina. She just loves to dance, everyday dances at any type of music she hears but elegant, hmmm no! Maybe she will be a tapper like her Aunty 'B', or more of a hip hop dancer and contemporary dancer like her Mummy... only time will tell and right now if she is having fun that is all that matters and we can to enjoy seeing her first concert on the 1st of December- ekkkkk excited!  Today I also discovered my local butcher and I will not be getting my meat from anywhere else now unless I have to. He sells lean meats with zero or minimal fat and it may be a little more expensive but once I sat down for dinner and enjoyed my steak I was convinced that this is the way to eat meat. So how about checking out what your butcher has rather than the supermarkets. My butcher has also just started clean eating so he had great advice on the best cuts of meat to use. 
  • Friday- My favourite workout day of the week, BOXING! I love how it is physically challenging , gives me a great cardio workout and if I am feeling frustrated after a big week I can punch or kick it out.This was an amazing workout and burnt a huge 782kcal in less then an hour! I made my favourite meal for dinner- A healthy low fat lasagna and got to enjoy it with two of my amazing friends Miss S and Miss J before they returned to Melbourne. As well as enjoying great friends company I then enjoyed WAY too much wine but I had a great night with some very important people in my life, what more could this Mumma ask for!

  • The Weekend- Saturday was definitely a cheat and write of day. Hungover Me meant I spent the day sleeping with BB2, eating greasy food, sleeping some more and watching movies with my lovely family. Sunday was spent by the Brisbane river and got to enjoy our first Brisbane Duck Race and the festivities were amazing. My Bubble enjoyed some rides and watching the race and was VERY well behaved. I thoroughly enjoyed a naughty Dagwood Dog and didn't feel guilty. I am starting to realise that it is OK to have the occasional treat. 1-2 small treats a week isn't going to ruin consistent healthy eating and exercise. I would rather go out for the day with my amazing little family and enjoy the day rather then worrying that there won't be anything for me to eat because there may not be food that suits my strict eating. So work hard and enjoy a treat. 

My Bubble
The Great Brisbane Duck Race- raising money for Cancer Research



Now time to measure and weigh in.... 
my weekly results are:


Weight: 66.6kg- loss of 1.6kg 
WOW!!! What a weight loss!!

Waist: 83- lose of 3cm
Hips: 91.5- lose of 1.5cm
Thighs: 48.3- No lose

October 14th 

Great Week, so happy with the results and I have learnt this week to not be so uptight and worry about a slip in my eating because all the hard work will still pay off. I am so close to my first goal of 65 kgs which is my comfortable weight. My overall goal is 62kgs but I know that will take months and for now I am happy with 65 which was my average weight before I toned up 18 months a go and was extremely fit. Once I get to my first goal it is then about toning and shaping- the fun part!!

So enjoy your week and this week I will be trialing some new recipes so keep an eye out for some hopefully delicious, family friendly recipes to assist you in eating healthy.

Andrea x





3 comments:

  1. I found the link to your blog though Lose Baby Weight and it's fantastic! Well done on your results so far, the difference in the photos is amazing. I am a new Mum (my daughter is 9 weeks old) and I'm use to being very fit and active and a size 8-10. My weight hit 80kg by the end of my pregnancy and whilst 10kg fell off straight away, losing the other 10kg is proving to be a challenge. I find the Lose Baby Weight smoothies fantastic, so tasty and convenient, but finding motivation when you're so sleep deprived and trying not to snack on the wrong foods is my current downfall. Reading about your journey has helped give me a good kick up the bum. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much that means a lo1
      I just find not having the bad stuff in the house helps and preparation. If I don't prepare and plan my smoothies and snacks the night before it all goes down hill.

      Delete
  2. I am really enjoying your blog. It is keeping me motivated too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete