Wednesday 3 October 2012

My Weight Loss Plan and Lose Baby Weight



When I started my weight loss plan I was using a great cookbook by Theresa Cutter called 80/20. This has great recipes for not just me but the whole family and it encouraged a cheat day every week. I found it really difficult to completely follow the plan when it came to breakfast and lunch even when I did meal planning and preparation because well, basically I have children and I eat on the run or while doing a million other things at once. Then I saw a page on facebook called 'Lose Baby Weight' and was seeing all these amazing weight loss stories, recipes and tips to help Mums lose their baby weight. So my research started...


My first step was to go to www.losebabyweight.com.au and see in detail how the weight loss plans worked. I started reading about the plans available and I sent an email to Rhian from lose baby weight and she was so helpful and informative. Although it was a meal replacement shake plan, there was so many recipes to make delicious smoothies using fruit, vegetables and other delicious items. This is what helped me in my final decision to go ahead with the weight loss plans because you were able to create delicious smoothies the night before so it would be ready for breakfast and lunch and you could also create hundreds of different smoothies to suit your tastes.

For more information on the plans follow this link: http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/shop/.


I LOVE yes LOVE this weight loss plan!! It is so easy to follow, the snacks and meals are delicious with recipes available online and family friendly. You don't go hungry or feel like you are eating any bland or 'rabbit' food on this plan. I feel energised, full and satisfied- and I enjoy food a lot!

I often hear from a lot of mothers as well that they crave a lot of chocolate and sweet foods, especially when breastfeeding so the question is how can you eat well and enjoy those little extra treats. Well you could take your 20% cheat meal and have that treat OR go onto the lose baby weight website and check out the low fat baking or dessert recipes. I made a chocolate mousse cake just the other day to fulfil my chocolate cravings with a lot less sugar and fats.

So ladies I highly recommend you check out Lose Baby Weight and their Healthy Mummy Shakes that are packed full of great vitamins and nutrients for your busy day. Rhian is supportive and always there to answer your questions and trust me you will not regret it.

Here's some links if you are interested in researching this further:
http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/about-us/how-do-the-products-plans-work/
http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/breast-feeding/breastfeeding-safe-information/



So I recieved my smoothies in the mail and my daily eating plan become as follows.

                                                                My Daily Plan

  • Breakfast: A Healthy Mummy Smoothie that has 2 tbs of smoothie mix, then every day I experiment with different fruits, vegetables, oats or nuts. Even if you are not on the lose baby weight loss plans you can substitute the yummy mummy smoothie mixes for a good quality protein powder. Try these smoothies recipes http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/recipes/shakes-smoothies

  • Mid Morning Snack: A healthy snack around the 150 calorie mark. I try to have a variety of snacks including:   Nuts, Bruschetta, Two pieces of fruit with organic yogurt, Wholemeal rice and corn cake with natural peanut butter, Bruschetta on rye toast, Carrot and Celery Sticks, Oat Bran Muffin. 
  • Lunch: A smoothie as I did at breakfast or on the weekends I enjoy a salad, scrambled eggs on dark rye and tomato or sushi.
  • Mid Afternoon Snack: A healthy snack just like the morning snack.
  • Dinner: A dinner with lots of veggies, lean protein meat and whole grains. Carbs aren't considered a no no in this plan- thank god!! Check out a huge range of amazing recipes to try here http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/recipes/. I plan all of my dinners around the recipes on this site. 
  • Evening Snack- Piece of fruit, 30 grams of organic dark chocolate or handful of nuts. 
 I let myself have one skinny latte a day with raw sugar in the morning but I try to have 3-4 cups of green tea a day. The taste of green tea can not be appealing but there are plenty of delicious flavoured varieties. 

Also remember if you are exercising more than just a 30-45 min walk a day it is important to have a small snack before and after to make sure you have enough energy in your body. Half a banana or a protein cookie is a great source of energy to get you through a workout and also to help your body recover afterwards. 

And most importantly remember to drink 8 glasses of WATER a day, at least!!! 

So ladies, eat well, feel strong, see results!

Love Andrea x













No comments:

Post a Comment