Monday 8 October 2012

The far from perfect week that was.. October 1st-7th 2012.



Current total lose
Weight: 68.8 kgs (-3.8kg)
Waist: 89 cm (-5 cm)
Hips: 93.5 cm (-3.5cm)
Thighs: 48.5 cm (-2.5cm)


This is my very first week reporting my week to you and this week was far from perfect. An old injury has been playing up so I have had to be careful with doing cardio and with the hot weather coming on which resulted in some tired and unsettled children I made some bad food choices and suffered the consequences. Also a weekend away with my family meant that my healthy eating plan was pretty much non existent as it is so hard to follow my plan exactly as I would at home where I have complete control of what to eat and of course being on holiday meant some wine was enjoyed but I still had results so remember that it is okay to indulge SOMETIMES in certain foods and alcohol.
So here is a summary of my week, enjoy!
October 1st. Very hard for me to post this pic but I made a promise to be open, honest and put it all out there 
  • Monday- Today was a public holiday so I started my day with an RPM class which burnt a nice 786 kcal in 45 minutes. Being  public holiday  we went out for the day which involved eating lunch out. I managed to find a chicken salad on one of the restaurants menus- it is amazing how hard it is to find a healthy meal when eating out. I got to burn some extra calories by taking some nice walks around Harbour Town while shopping then around Hope Island looking at the in laws new resort living community.
  • Tuesday: My daily exercise consisted of a 30 minute circuit class and then a 3.5km jog. Unfortunately today I left the gym with a limp from an old Achilles tendon injury that started when I was at dancer at 18 so I will be resting tomorrow to avoid further injury and will take a break from vigorous cardio. Made some delicious protein cookies for pre and post workouts and they are amazing. Check out the recipe Choc Chip Protein Recipe
  • Wednesday: Rest day from the gym but LOTS of cleaning and I satisfied by chocolate craving by making a fairly healthy chocolate mousse cake. A hit with the whole family and only 111 calories a slice, yummo!
  • Thursday: What a perfect way to start my day- Body Pump!! I love the new release, works the legs hard and lifts the heart rate burning a whopping 622kcal for 55 minutes, not bad for a weights session. For lunch I tried a new smoothie that was refreshing and delicious. I have called it the Tropical Green Iced Tea and to make this just pop the ingredients in a blender and blend for 20 seconds: 
  • 1 cup of cooled green tea- I used lemon flavoured
  • 1 cup of seedless watermelon
  • 1/2 cup of pineapple (fresh or canned)
  • 1 Kiwi fruit
  • 1 Slice of mango
  • Handful of frozen raspberries
  • 2tbs of Vanilla Healthy Mummy Powder or protein powder
  • Friday- Well today started well with a great Boxing Session burning a nice 573 kcal in just less than an hour but after my workout it was all tragic! It was the first really warm and humid day in Brissy so the girls were not fun. My BB2 (3 months) was very hot and unsettled, non stop crying and the Bubble (2 years) refused to sleep during the day then got conjunctivitis. I rang my partner is an absolute rage and demanded he bring me food as I was refusing to cook, when he asked what I wanted I stupidly said 'ANYTHING!'. I thought he would have my diet in mind but no he brought me home a disgusting, greasy Grand Angus Meal from Maccas. This once quick, easy Friday fast food is now a horrible, repulsive meal to me. After eating it I felt ill and it was not pretty- spent most of my night in the bathroom. (yuck!!) This just shows that when your body is fuelled with good, fresh healthy food it literally rejects the junk. Not only will I be avoiding fatty food because I am trying to lose weight even more so from now on but also because I am now repulsed by it the smell and taste of it. 
  • Saturday and Sunday- (Weekend Away in Mermaid Bay) Let's just say I enjoyed fresh seafood, cheese, deli meats, alcohol and a sneaky chocolate or two as well a sunny Sunday BBQ. I enjoyed treating myself to these now almost non existent foods in my life but should have remembered to still keep up with my green tea and water as I felt very tired and had headaches, eeep! I enjoyed a 4.9 Km run along Mermaid Beach to the start of Broadbeach at 7am and it was gorgeous. 
Remember although I enjoyed probably a little too much this weekend it is important to remember The 80/20 Rule. If you are eating healthy and exercising a cheat day is allowed and also helps you stay on track (just don't let your partner choose the cheat meal!)

Now it's that time of the week for my weekly measurements and weigh in. Will my weekend indulgent affect my progress or will I still have great results????


Weekly Results
Weight: 68.2- lose of 600grams
Bust: 96- lose of 1cm
Waist: 86- lose of 3cm
Hips: 93- lose of 0.5cm
Thighs: 48.3- lose of 0.5 cm

Great Results!
 Couldn't be happier, three centimetres on the waist is my best week yet! 


October 7th 2012

Hope you enjoyed this week's progress, don't forget ladies
Train Hard, Eat Clean and you will see the results and feel yourself become more energised, happier and comfortable within yourself and who doesn't want that. 
Andrea x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, I have been reading all your posts and pages, great work. You are very brave to post all of your progress online, i dont know that I could do the same, but you have certainly motivated me to get going. I have had 4 kids in the last 5 years and I long for my old body back. My baby (4th child) is now 3 months and its time for me to get into it. Before I had kids I was always about 62kgs but now I am about 75kgs, which is terrible for my self confidence. I have just registered with lose baby weight & i am going to start their program & get moving!!! May I ask how tall are you?? thanks for your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, the plans are great I love it! I find also preparing the smoothies for your breakfast and lunch the night before makes it even easier to stick too and use the site recipes to have lots of variety.
      I am about 164cm I am also quite curvy so my absolute minimum weight for me is 62kgs.
      And Wow on 4 kids- you are one amazing woman!

      Delete